Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Finally Over My ISP Crisis

Technology is fantastic... But when you have to make a change with an ISP what a challenge...
Everything in technology world is NOT consistent... I spent 31/2 Hours on the phone Monday due to losing all my email contacts and archived emails... Needless to say I was like a blithering idiot by the time I finally got to talk to someone!!!

I must give credit to the "young man" that was soooo patient and got 80% of my archived emails back and 100% of my 983 email contacts... I don't think the ISP was prepared for the volume on some client's computers... The automatic "I changed my email address" did save me some time but I need to cleanup on all the addresses that blew up due to the way Earthlink's spamblocker and firewall handled them...

Then there was the 2 hour let's remove all the old software from Earthlink on Tuesday... And the 80gig download of the new software for adware, spam, malware,virus protection and firewall..
Then the scan disk for any of the above that was a 41/2 hour process until 1AM last night...

However, I just need to continue to change all my subscriptions and I did however create a new email address: noresnice-ities@embargmail.com ... So make sure you add it to your address book!!!

No comments: